March holidays was a busy one… and I was busy with work. *sigh* Nevertheless, I needed some time with my precious boys and I think I got abit more than the usual time we have for weekends.
1. Ryan is starting to ramble on some new words. So, his first few words are like Mama, Mum mum, Banana(..Nana), Ball, Bird, Umbrella(Umbre…), Head, Headache, Bubble, Baba and a few others. Everyday is so interesting to hear him ramble on new words or understand the meaning of new words. For example,when we are in the kitchen, we will ask him where the banana is and he is able to point to the fruit. I think I can to credit his ability to pick on his vocabulary to my parents(especially my mother) whom he spends most of his waking hours with.
2. At about 9 months, Ryan started to try to pull himself up to a stand while holding onto furniture(sofa, coffee table…). We usually prop him next to the sofa and he will hang on. Now, at 11 months, he is also able to bend his knees and how to sit after standing. He is also starting to cruise, moving from one piece of furniture to the next for support. There are some occasions when he feels slightly daring enough to let go and stand and walk a few steps without support.
3. E and I held our house warming sessions with our relatives on two separate Saturdays. Hence, you can just imagine how busy we were in the month of February. We will be holding smaller gatherings for our friends to “warm” the house after Ryan’s birthday.
4. Here is my sweet sweet angel. I am still breast feeding him at night. (I cannot believe it!). It is really tough trying to wean him off… *sigh* There are moments when he can be quite a handful but most of the time, he is really adorable maximus.
5. E and I started a routine of Sunday Cooking. So, for the past 3 weeks, we have experimented with Pasta Bolgnese, Seafood Cream Pasta, Beef Wellington, and today, was Tomyam soup. I am usually the one in charge of food preparation while he does the actual cooking and cleaning up. It is some quality couple time we spend while Ryan is with my parents.
6. E brings Ryan for a swim at our pool once every weekend. It is their time for father-son bonding. It is also time for me to catch up with the household chores- doing the laundry(that is the only household responsibility that I have).
7. Had been suffering unimaginably sore and painful back for months. Got referred to a orthopedic and then had to do some X-ray and then MRI. Supposed to be doing weekly physiotherapy but I have only gone for 2 sessions. I think physiotherapy is really helpful because my back actually felt alot better after the 2 session but I just have no time for therapy….:( and now, the aches and sore-ness is back again. I suppose I have to schedule one session this coming Friday or the next….
8. My Hai Sing girlies came over for potluck dinner last Saturday and they brought Ryan a fireman truck. In fact, last December, Meiling and Huiwen bought Ryan a Fisher Price walker for Christmas present! Seriously, they are just wayyy nice and I am so blessed to have their friendship. My Mum keeps reminding me that they are really kind/nice/such good girls… and yes, I know that I really appreciate how everyone in the group makes and effort to keep the relationship going. I love you!!! xxx
9. I am still madly in love with my husband. And he bought me a nice ring from Tiffany for Valentine. Heehee. Yea, I realised that we are taking much lesser photos together and we hardly have couple time together. But he is still an awesome husband. When I was having back problems, he was the one who took time off to make sure I see a specialist and paid for all the consultations and scans. When I am frustrated, he is the one who will listen to my endless worries and rants. In fact, he is always the first to apologise when I am miffed. Marriage is not a bed of roses. Marriage with a child is even trickier. Well, I suppose we learn as we go along. When I look back and all the things we went through, I feel infinitely thankful. 🙂 ilu, eugeneyap.
10. I am having Monday blues. The next few weeks is going to be rough. I really need to hang in there and be strong.