Baby by Spring clothes are made from bamboo cotton. It is an awesome fabric to use for baby clothes and here are just some of the reasons:
- Compared to cotton, bamboo uses much lesser pesticides/herbicides to grow.
- Bamboo fabric is very soft, often described as feeling like cashmere. Bamboo fiber itself is naturally round and smooth. This means that there are no sharp spurs to irritate the skin.
- Despite the softness of the fabric, it seems to stand up to multiple washing.
- Another unique trait with bamboo fiber is the antibacterial qualities. This antibacterial quality is due to an antimicrobial bio-agent called “bamboo kun” which is found naturally in the fiber. The bamboo kun helps to reduce bacteria that thrive on clothing and human skin. Cotton does not have anything like this.
- Bamboo fabric also has some insulating properties. This means that the fabric will help the wearer stay warmer in the cold weather and and cooler in the hot weather. Totally suitable for our unpredictable weather conditions in Singapore.
- It is a light, strong fabric that requires less dye than cotton.
Looking at all these advantages, it is only natural how the Baby by Spring rompers are our choice of rompers for Baby Gillian when we are home. This is especially so when our dear girl has quite sensitive skin. (-_-)”’ Some of the fancy clothes that we bought for her gave her red rashes 30 minutes after wear. So, we usually bring along a set or two of Baby by Spring rompers out for her to change into after taking photos and all. Heehee.
There are two types of rompers to choose from: the short sleeve bodysuits and the kimono bodysuits.
The label is printed on the fabric itself instead of having an tag sewn on it which may irritate the baby.
Here are some of my favourite rompers designs from Baby by Spring.
Baby by Spring also have matching mittens for their rompers.
Mittens are put on Baby Gillian only when she is asleep to avoid her scratching her face. She is usually mitten-less when she is awake so that we can pass her some grab toys to play with.
Spring also have receiving blankets in their Baby by Spring clothing range. I love the receiving blanket! Super useful! It is big enough for me to swaddle Baby Gillian at night. I also use it to put on the beds of my friends’ when I visit them and Gillian need a place to sleep on. My helper also put the receiving blanket over her shoulders when she needs to burp Gillian.
Baby Gillian has been trying out the Baby by Spring clothes for the past 6 weeks and we have nothing but praises for the fabric. The designs are also really cute! Love the little Spring birdies. However, we do hope there will be more designs coming up since Baby Gillian is a big fan of the clothes!
The products from Baby by Spring for this post are kindly sponsored by Spring Maternity.